- Do you have consultants specialized in Strategy Development/ Due Diligence/ Process Optimization/ Research and Analysis/ Restructuring/ Mergers & Acquisitions/ Business Modeling/ Market Entry Strategy/ Strategy Implementation/ Marketing & Sales/ InsertSomeOtherArea?The short answer is: probably yes. Our consultants cover a wide variety of topics and have worked in a wide variety of industries. Tell us what you are looking for.
- Does hh brainpool also work as a management consulting firm?No, we are just providers of manpower for consulting firms. We don’t run consulting projects ourselves. Having said that, if you need someone in an interim management position/internal consultant we might be able to help. Ask us.
- Are you going to charge me if I ask you to look for an Instant Consultant for one of my projects?No, unlike more traditional headhunters our services are free until we have actually found someone you want to work with. No strings attached.
- How are you different from other online freelance job market places?Firstly, we are not an online market place at all. We thoroughly pre-screen candidates and understand that matching people and projects as well as personalities and business cultures requires much more than just an online profile check. Secondly, we are specialized in management/strategy consultants. Brainpool consultants will typically be much more suited to a high-pressure consulting environment than candidates from an online job market place.
- After selecting a freelance consultant, will I directly contract the freelancer or will I hire her/him indirectly through your company?To keep processes simple and transparent you will directly contract and pay the consultant. We will invoice our fees separately.
- I am looking for a freelance designer/web developer/creative professional. Can you help?Not really. Our freelancers are management consultants, and there are platforms like elance.com that are better suited for creative work.
- What kind of consulting clients do you have?Our clients are mostly specialized strategy consulting firms who are best in class in a certain market niche/industry. From time to time we work with large consultancies, but most of our clients are successful boutiques to mid-size firms.
- What kind of skills should I have to apply successfully for hh brainpool?Ideally, you will have worked for a Top Tier strategy consulting firm and hold a relevant degree from a top university. You should be analytical, sharp, but at the same time a great team player. Often projects come up on short notice, and therefore we value flexibility highly. Language skills are also a big plus. Apply if that is you.
- As member of the brainpool, will I be your employee?No. You work as a freelance consultant and will have a contract with the consulting firm that you work. They will also directly pay your bills.
- Do I work alone or in a team?As an Instant Consultant you will almost always work in an integrated team with other consultants of our consulting partner.
- What is the compensation package like?All of our clients pay competitive daily rates and travel expenses. Compensation depends on a lot of factors, most importantly your career stage, the location and the type of project you are working on. Contact us to find out more.
- How does the application process look like?After getting in touch with us we will ask you to send us a current CV. If we think that you and the brainpool would be a good match we will start an interviewing process similar to those of management consulting companies, depending on your previous experience and seniority level. Apart from case interviews we primarily focus on understanding your soft skill profile and how you handle pressure.
- How do I prepare for consulting interviews?You practice cases. You can find some recommended books here.
- How much does it cost to be a member of the brainpool?As a freelance consultant, we never charge you for any of our services. It is the consulting companies that pay a percentage of your daily rates to us.
- I am looking for a permanent job at a management consulting firm. Can you help me?We are not headhunters in the traditional sense. Our main business is providing freelance consultants to consulting firms. However, we sometimes have clients who look for a permanent member of staff, and freelancing frequently leads to offers for permanent positions.
- I currently have a permanent job with a consultancy and consider working as a freelancer. Can you tell me more about the advantages and risks as a freelance consultant?This decision has many facets. In a nutshell: Your job security is lower as a freelancer, your compensation higher. Contact us if you’d like to discuss.
- If I join the brainpool am I restricted to only work on projects that you offer me?Not at all. We are just providing you with options – there is no obligation whatsoever to accept a project we are proposing, and there is no exclusivity – of course you can still take on projects from other providers.